Formal channels applying for Thailand BOI licenses
100% foreign ownership is allowed, and investment preference can be enjoyed
The benefits of establishing a BOI company
Incentives Offered in the BOI Thailand Promotion
Preferential tax policy for approved investment projects according to their grades.
· Exemption/reduction of import duties on machinery.
· Reduction of import duties for raw or essential materials.
· Exemption of import duties on materials imported for R&D purposes.
· Exemption of corporate income tax on the net profit and dividends derived from the promoted activity.
· Exemption of corporate income tax on net profit and dividends derived from the promoted high technology and innovation activity.
· A 50 percent reduction of the corporate income tax.
· Double deduction from the costs of transportation, electricity and water supply.
· Additional 25 percent deduction of the cost of installation or construction of facilities.
· Exemption of import duty on raw or essential materials imported for use in production for export.
We help you to set up your BOI company
Applying for a BOI company is a tedious job. Mandarin law firm has many years of experiences in dealing with BOI officials, which can help you complete the application process more efficiently.
As the BOI category is relatively limited, different industries will be eligible for different tax benefits, based on factors such as business size, location and turnover. Mandarin can provide consulting services on preferential BOI tax policies for designated industries to help you make a pre-investment feasibility analysis more clearly.
Our professional BOI lawyers
will always be at your service
Current policies of Thailand Board of Investment
Keep in line with policy opportunities and seize investment opportunities
The current investment promotion policy refers to the "Thailand Investment Promotion Seven-Year Strategy ", and BOI encourages eight industry areas, aiming at enhancing competitive investment. The Government of Thailand, jointly with BOI, issued a policy statement highlighting enhanced support plans for energy-saving or alternative energy industries and high-tech industries.
These eight industries include about 300 small industries. If you want to know the specific preferential policy level of the subdivision industry, please contact us for further information.
At the present time, the BOI Office promotes the following business sectors
· Agriculture and Agricultural Products
· Light Industry & Manufacturing
· Electronics and Electrical Appliances
· Service and Public Utilities
· Minerals & Ceramics
· Metal Products, Machinery and Transport Equipment
· Chemical, Paper and Plastics
· echnology Industry
Thailand Investment Promotion Seven-Year Strategy also declared to promote investment in Thailand's southern border provinces to help develop local economy and strengthen investment in special economic zones, particularly in the border areas within and outside industrial zones.
Foreign investors who want to find the most favorable business opportunities in Thailand can make your investment arrangements based on "Thailand Investment Promotion 7 years Strategy". For more information, please contact us and welcome to visit Bangkok for details.
Protective preferential policies for BOI companies
Application for BOI means to apply for an investment promotion project and become a BOI company. BOI Act protects people entitled with preferential treatment (referred to as "promoters "). These protectives laws and regulations are:
· The State shall not nationalize the activity of the promoted person.
· The State shall not undertake a new activity in competition with the promoted person.
· The State shall not monopolize the sale of products or commodities of the same kind as, or similar to those produced or assembled by the promoted person.
· The State will not control the price of the products or commodities of the promoted activity also the promoted person shall be granted permission to export products or commodities of the promoted activity.
· The State shall not allow any government agency, government organization or state enterprise to import into the Kingdom, with import duties exempted any kind as those being produced or assembled by the promoted person, which are comparable in quality therewith and are available in sufficient quantity to be acquire for its use.
BOI Certificate Application Process
1、BOI policy consulting
2、BOI Application Form
3、Application for BOI Cases
4、Appoint an interview with a BOI officer
5、Hand in additional materials after the interview
6、Get BOI approval
7、Submit BOI within 10 working days
8、Company registration + tax registration + opening bank account + capital input
9、Submit the full set of registration materials to BOI and get BOI certificate after 10 working days
BOI Certificate Application Process
6 months, 1 year and 2 years from the date of obtaining the BOI certificate (investment promotion permit), businesses need to report the progress of the project to BOI. Within 36 months from the date of obtaining the certificate, the project must be reported for starting, and BOI shall approve the project after reviewing its process.